[time-nuts] Re: Why do have OCXO a Vref output? (was: help reviving Trimble UCCM-LPS GPSDO)

va2hdd at ebox.net va2hdd at ebox.net
Sun Dec 26 18:00:17 UTC 2021

Hello to all members.

And also remember that properly applied, a Zener diode can be a very
good reference.  This might be more in the Volt--Nuts class, but the
Solartron 7081 8.5 digit DVM uses a TC Zener as a voltage reference.  Of
course it is a selected Zener with a carefully controlled bias current
and assorted compensation tricks, but still a Zener for a lab class 8.5
digit DVM.

Nice and safe holidays,

Claude VA2 HDD