[time-nuts] Mains Frequency

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:12:40 UTC 2021

I maintain a real time display of mains frequency, and the cumulative
timing offset from real time.   It was last reset 10 days ago when we had a
brief power outage (HV fault a mile or so away).

Since then, for the first few days the timing discrepancy kept within
plus/minus perhaps 20 seconds.  But in the last couple of days is has crept
up and is now sitting at +48 seconds.   On average the frequency will have
been running about 0.013Hz high to give that.

Given Nat. Grid still aim to average out to exactly 50Hz, does anyone know
if there is a time scale associated with that long-term average?

Andy
www.g4jnt.com

Virus-free.
www.avg.com