[time-nuts] AN/URQ13 reference AT cut crystal?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Feb 17 10:58:35 UTC 2021

Hi Paul,

As we have discussed a small eternity ago, the heat-up of the oscillator
gives a pretty good clue of what sits there. This is just from the fact
that the cold room temperature oscillator will shift very differently
from it's heated temperature by the oven and just observing which range
you can figure out what cut you most likely have.

I have a habbit to look at that heat-up and noted they where different.
Looking at charts for AT, BT, IT and SC cuts we could estimate frequency
offset for room temperature and those spoke to confirm. Naturally, this
was ovenized. TCXOs do not do the same thing as they are compensated,
and most generally AT cut as far as I know.

Cheers,
Magnus