[time-nuts] making crystals

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 02:33:23 UTC 2021

I built a 405 nm laser head for my mini-mill.  It could cut features with a resolution of around 4 microns.  I mainly used it to cut solder paste stencils.  A friend used it to expose photolithography  masks on quartz plates and silicon wafers.  Also to tune some vibrating reed like thingies by ablating a coating.  Alas, the laser driver died and the company that made them is out of business...

>I wonder if someone has a laser rig that could programmed to
"draw" the pattern on the resist at the right scale.  As I recall, 50
MHz has a wavelength of about 60 microns, and your transducer fingers
are half wavelength apart.