[time-nuts] small multi-timezone display

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jan 8 13:41:53 UTC 2021

Hi

> On Jan 7, 2021, at 10:35 PM, Lux, Jim <jim at luxfamily.com> wrote:
>
> I've got a shelf about 80cm long that I'd like to have 4 timezones displayed on.
>
> The obvious easy solution is go buy 4 clocks and put them there.
>
> But, being a member of this list - anyone know of a off the shelf multizone display that accepts NTP or receives WWVB?
>
> Because, after all, if I glance up and want to know what time it is in DC, I want it accurate to microseconds.
>

> (My wife keeps setting other clocks in the house fast for one reason or another. Or they just drift.)

There have been several posts over the years noting that the “typical” wrist watch or quartz clock runs fast.
Indeed back when we (Motorola) made them, the target frequency for the oscillators was just a bit high.
The idea being that if you are late getting somewhere and “it’s the clock’s fault”, you don’t buy another
one from the same company.

Bob