[time-nuts] PRS10 not locking to 1PPS

e.j.kroon at vathorstnet.nl e.j.kroon at vathorstnet.nl
Fri Jan 8 16:03:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

The PRS 10 is now locking to the 1 PPS from the GPS.
I have checked by using an external Time interval analyser and phase
deviation between
Input and output PPS is stable. Also I can see that the magnetic MR setting
is steered.
So, the PRS10 is locking again to GPS and the MR is within the limits. Thats
works again.
However the internal TIC value is not send to the RS232 port.
Also the frequency steering is not as fine as before.
The delay between 1PPS in and 1 PPS out has a phase difference drift between
3.68 and 0.60 uS as an
trapezium and jumps about 600 seconds.
The 3.6 us is the double of the 1840 ns wrong delay eeprom setting in the
PRS10.
Still some internal math error I think.
The external Time Interval Analyzer is a Yokogawa TA1100 which has a
resolution
of 1 ps/s. Single Shot. A older but nice instrument.

Regards,
Erik (PE1RQF)