[time-nuts] CSAC State of Play

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Jan 13 09:04:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

So I have three CSAC, one is "gone", one is "fading" and one is "OK". At
least that was the story when I got them. I should fire them up and
measure them. One of those projects that is a bit down the list.
Regardless, this issue is there and eventually seems to have been
addressed, but it did hurt quite a bit it seems.

For me the CSAC solves really a very specific market need, as in high
stability for small powerconsumption. For most of my applications, the
power needed for say a OCXO or rubidium is manageable.

Cheers,
Magnus