[time-nuts] small multi-timezone display

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Wed Jan 13 20:00:20 UTC 2021

On 1/13/21 11:09 AM, Adrian Godwin wrote:
> I saw this multi-zone clock mentioned today :
>
> https://www.electronics-lab.com/arduino-nano-33-iot-based-ntp-world-clock/
>
> It's not a ready-to-go product nor is it as simple as 4 COTS clocks. It's
> possibly also harder to put together than Didier's suggestion, which could
> run on a raspberyy pi with an LCD screen. However the design is presented
> as something to copy so it's at least not such an open-ended project as
> making it yourself from arduinos.
>
> I'm not sure what physical format you wanted. I read it as a row of clocks
> rather than a square, arranged to fit on a common screen. Perhaps that's
> not important. However if you're interested in something less
> computer-like, have a look on aliexpress for 'supermarket shelf edge
> display' - there are a number of very wide but low-height displays
> available now.

I'm thinking of it as a row of clocks, as roughly laid out where the red
lines in the attached picture are.  An "office toy" (in my telework
office adopted from my daughter) but also convenient. Yeah, no problem
finding apps that can display it on the screen... I'm thinking more
"art" or "furniture".   Shelf edge display is interesting. When I was
sitting gazing upon the shelf, I was thinking battery powered clock, and
if it has NTP (or WWVB), all the better, to keep it set.

28" - 71cm across