[time-nuts] CCTF Survey on redefinition of the Second and UTC

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu Jan 14 16:05:28 UTC 2021

Hal,

Many thanks. I was unaware of this, but now got an opportunity to file a
reply.

Most of it actually is not as much related to the SI redefinition, but
covers a wider set of questions. View it more as a survey to the use of
frequency and time in various ways. It has a taint of NMI related
world-view, which more reflects what is typically discussed in the
conferences and workshops they usually participate in. As long as they
reach outside of that and get input on things they are missing, fine.
This survey can to some degree serve that purpose and I tried to
contribute some of that to aid them.

One particular angle they where missing is the angle what a vendor of
equipment see. What I do in my company when testing and designing is not
necessarily the relevance to what my customers experience and as we help
them with that. Thus, it not as much as what I operate as what I help my
customers operate.

Cheers,
Magnus