[time-nuts] Leakage, tinySA

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 19 01:12:56 UTC 2021

Dana Whitlow said:
> Hal, my 10 MHz birdie is at a level of about -95 dBm, which puts it a little
> more than 10 db above the noise floor in 3 kHz BW.

My noise floor is fuzzy.  The bottom is -110, even when the display goes down
to -120.  The fuzz is ~3 dB.

My 10 MHz birdie looks like it is below the -100 dB line, but the text for the
marker often prints out something in the high 90s.  I think that's a narrow
spike that is hard to see sneaking over the line.  So I'd call the height of
my birdie to be a bit below 10 dB.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.