[time-nuts] Help with 5370B and Beaglebone replacement board

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:06:32 UTC 2021

Hello Time-Nuts,

Well, I finally tore into one of my 5370B units to try out the
Beaglebone Black replacement processor.  Everything seems to have gone
fine, 5370B displays and key functions seem correct.  I can talk to
the unit over port 5372 on the ethernet, so I know that is
functioning.

My problem - How do you set things up to use it with TimeLab.  I'm
used to the old HPIB way.  I suspect that you have to use the 'Acquire
from TCP/IP streaming server mode'.  How do you get the Beaglebone
board to stream, and on what port (5370?)?

Or, do you set it up to do HPIB over ethernet?  Is the option there
somewhere or do I have to remake with an option?

I realize I'm about 5 years late to the party, hopefully there is
still some experience base still out there.

Thanks in advance,
Skip Withrow