[time-nuts] Help with 5370B and Beaglebone replacement board

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Tue Jan 26 07:07:26 UTC 2021

Hello, Skip,

I have one of these, in a 5370A, and have been playing with it lately. I
start the 5370d application in the beaglebone with the -hpib-net flag,
so HPIB commands can be sent and results get at port 5370. If you send
the HPIB command MD4, the 5370 will start sending the results, but the
results are preceded by the type of data (e.g. "TI = 1.0000000000e-9"),
and Timelab does not like it in the "Acquire from streaming TCP/IP
server", since it expects only the number. Timelab expects some GPIB
adapter in the 5370A/B option, so it does not recognize the direct HPIB
TCP I/F of the Beagleboard, or at least I have not been able to find it.

I have written a small program to gather the DATA from the 5370 port,
strip the type of data, and forward only the number to a TCP port (I
have reused some other program I had at hand - it does run in the PC,
not in the Beagleboard). Surely there is also a way to do it with netcat
with no programming.

I am sure that John Miles can provide a better help :)

Regards,

Javier, EA1CRB