[time-nuts] An Other Ublox 8

Trent Piepho tpiepho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:05:19 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 1:34 AM Javier Herrero <jherrero at hvsistemas.es> wrote:
> I have been playing lately with the M8F, but did not had a detailed look
> to the 30.72MHz frequency as John did. I have used it along with a
> Zynq-based board (a very unexpensive surplus EBAZ4205, that can be get
> for ~10 EUR) to made an ntp server, replacing the kernel clocksource
> from the ARM timer with an external timer implemented at the FPGA
> running from the 30.72MHz output (multiplied inside the FPGA to 250MHz),

Would this mean any timestamps generated via
clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW) are going to be directly derived
from the value of your FPGA timer?  Because if that is the case, then
isn't the PPS phase offset from the system clock effectively the phase
offset of the GPS to the GPS?  I.e., it's zero because the same clock
is being compared to itself?