[time-nuts] Re: LH "No usable sats"

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 16:04:43 UTC 2021

I believe that your problem still remains somewhat unsolved, as you should
be
getting good coverage over most of the compass except for the northern
"doughnut
hole".  Instead, you're apparently getting coverage only to the W through
NW.

BTW, when using a T'Bolt I have my AMU thresholds set at 3.0.  This works
well
most of the time, although in some cases the unit takes an hour or more to
get
going after turn-on.  I have the local coordinates stored in memory via
"Tboltmon.exe",
and the unit set to start up in "overdetermined clock" mode.  I'm using an
indoor
antenna on the SE side of the house.  My latitude is just over 30 deg N.

I'm definitely not particularly pleased about that startup delay issue.  I
have two
fairly inexpensive Garmin receivers, one a handheld, the other an
automotive unit,
and both reliably start within a minute or two after a full cold start
turn-on, while
indoors.  Too bad neither has an  overdetermined clock/precison timing/0D
mode.

Dana