[time-nuts] Re: LH "No usable sats"

John Miles john at miles.io
Fri Jul 9 04:19:51 UTC 2021

> FWIW I seem to recall that TWO shortcuts appear on the desktop
> after installing LH.  One goes to a GPS unit in Seattle that you are
> accessing online.  The other is YOUR local unit.
>
> Gordon WA4FJC

Correct.  If you log on to the test server and force it to accept your
specified latitude/longitude, it will generally not be able to see any
satellites.  If you press !H it will do a factory reset, restart the
self-survey, and eventually resume normal operation... but it still won't
match your location in Portugal. :)

You will have to launch it from the other icon to use your local GPS
receiver.  It may be necessary to change the Windows shortcut to specify the
right COM port.

-- john, KE5FX