[time-nuts] Re: Thunderbolts ...

Hal Murray halmurray+timenuts at sonic.net
Sun Jul 25 09:03:16 UTC 2021

csteinmetz at yandex.com said:
> If that were true, it would mean that the actual EFC voltage in those  units
> was varying with respect to the DAC voltage as reported over the  Tbolt's
> serial port.  While not impossible (after all, we know almost  nothing about
> the internal architecture of the Tbolt), for a number of  reasons I think
> that is unlikely.

The only thing that the TBolt can report is the number that it feeds to the
DAC.

I expect the actual voltage out would vary with temperature, supply voltage,
age, and whatever.  Add in the reference voltage if that's not included in the
DAC.

I haven't looked at DAC data sheets recently.  How many of the modern ones
have a set of small graphs showing parameters like that?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.