[time-nuts] Re: Trimble GSPDO - ISSUE

Don Cross cosinekitty at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:21:22 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 2:54 PM ordnit via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> Any guess? Do I have to throw the unit from the window? For your
> reference, I have a samsung unit connected to same antenna via a
> splitter. The GPSDO is performing very well.

Hi Ordnit,

I'm hardly an expert, but I wonder about the splitter. Is this a passive or
active splitter? If passive, it could be the input impedance of your
Samsung is much lower than for your new Trimble and it is making the signal
seen by the Trimble too weak. If you are willing to disconnect the Samsung
temporarily, perhaps you could try connecting your antenna to the Trimble
only and see what happens.

Don