[time-nuts] Looking for gerber files for a timing GPS board

John Miller john at millerjs.org
Thu Jun 3 15:09:40 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone!
I am interested in designing a Pi hat PCB to be compatible with a timing GPS PCB design that I have seen used in a number of places. I have found an “okay” digram, but if anyone has already made gerbers for this thing, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Diagram: https://files.millerjs.org/misc/timing_board_PCB.jpg <https://files.millerjs.org/misc/timing_board_PCB.jpg>
- LEA-M8T using this format: https://files.millerjs.org/misc/LEA_M8T.png <https://files.millerjs.org/misc/LEA_M8T.png>
- Trimble Resolution T: https://files.millerjs.org/misc/trimble_resolution_t.png <https://files.millerjs.org/misc/trimble_resolution_t.png>

Even the relatively new uBlox RCB-F9T uses it, calling it an “industry standard form factor” : https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/rcb-f9t-timing-board <https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/rcb-f9t-timing-board>

In the RCB-F9T documentation they have a very nice diagram of the module that surely came out of something like Altium, but I can’t find any files to replicate it - https://files.millerjs.org/misc/RCB_F9T.png <https://files.millerjs.org/misc/RCB_F9T.png>

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I think one of the biggest things holding me back here is that I simply don’t know what this form factor is called.

Thanks in advance!

John

PS - My plan, once I get a hat design that works, is to make a mess of these PCBs and mail them out to everyone on this list that wants one for the cost of shipping.