[time-nuts] Re: Z3801A Receiver Replacement

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Jun 23 15:30:38 UTC 2021

Nigel,

On 2021-06-23 11:32, Nigel gm8pzr via time-nuts wrote:
> The receiver fitted to the Z3801A is/was a Motorola 6 channel Oncore VP.
> It should be possible to replace this with a later 8 channel Oncore VP set to run in 6 Channel mode but a copy of Syntac or Tac32 will be needed to change the configuration.It's also possible that an 8 channel Oncore VP obtained as a replacement may not be physically compatible with the Z3801A and some reworking could be required.
> There has been past discussion of this here that will be available in the archives, but I have uploaded a small file to Mediafire, approx 3MB, that contains some relevant information that I've saved in the past...
>
> https://www.mediafire.com/file/7w7moa6rd7kmk9r/OncoreVP_Z3801A.zip/file

Thanks for that set of data. There used to be a wealth of datasheets for
both boards and chips, but that went away. Here is at least some of that
data, which I appreciate.

If people have more of that, it would be nice if we could collect that
and upload on a suitable place.

I also appreciate Art's postings, and would enjoy getting updates on that.

My Z3801A has a failed PSU I think, so that needs to be resurrected. I
have a few others that I would wish would get operational.

Cheers,
Magnus