[time-nuts] Re: GPS antenna distribution???

Julien Goodwin time-nuts at studio442.com.au
Tue Jun 29 06:16:05 UTC 2021

I keep forgetting to do a thread about this.

I recently (er, perhaps a year ago) picked up a Microlab unit, and was
very disappointed, notably the output simply isn't built to handle being
plugged into units that provide antenna power, with each port ending up
having a DC path to ground (at 200 ohm, so not too terrible, but it's
still not great). Plus being a simple resistive splitter it's not ideal
if all outputs aren't terminated.

Luckily the Sysmocom unit mentioned elsewhere is fine with this (up to
12v because I specifically talked to them about this exact issue when
they were working on it).