[time-nuts] World's most precise.... wall clock

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Mar 11 10:14:47 UTC 2021

 > In tboltmon, the signal "strength" indications are displayed in units
 > called 'AMU' for which I've been unable to find a definition.

Amplitude Measurement Units? There was a discussion about this some
years ago. The TBolt (and other Trimble receivers) give a user the
choice of reported GPS signal level in either AMU or dBc units. Mark
Sims (Heather author) collected data using both units to create a
cross-reference. I've attached his data (file:
2010-Sims-TBolt-AMU-dBc.zip).

His reply from 2010 is here:

mode).

The entire thread is worth reading from the archives. [1] [2]

See also table 7.3 on page 124 of:

ftp://geodesy.noaa.gov/pub/abilich/papers/ABilichThesis.pdf

/tvb

[1] https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2010-February/044968.html

[2]
http://lists.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts_lists.febo.com/2010-February/027397.html