[time-nuts] Re: Rebroadcasting time signals [WAS: La Crosse Clocks - ]

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Mon Mar 15 01:01:53 UTC 2021

it is relative problem-less to rebroadcast withe orthogonal polarization
relative to the original vertical polarized signal and using a loop, not
higher than one meter above ground -- magnetic coupling only...'  --
around your house, -- don't forget to  change the polarization of the
antenna the ferrite- road which receiving the rebroadcasted signal --
driving with one simple amplifier like LM386, gain not much than 10B.
A few meter outside of the loop will be nothing  to receive, no
interference, because 60kHz 's wave length is 5km and it is much larger
that any loop which you could put around you  house. The receiving
antenna should be set up that way, that it does not have coupling --
magnetic -- to the transmit antenna, high up in the attic above the
center of the loop.
73
KJ6UHN
Alex