[time-nuts] Re: TAPR TIC: TimeLab mode question (John Ackermann N8UR)

Christoph Guenther chguenther1 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 10:11:44 UTC 2021

Hi John, hi Matthias

I have the same problem with the channel C output of the TICC with the
latest firmware.
John, we already had direct email contact therefore from the end of April
to early May 2020. I had already tested all available versions in
conjunction with Timelab. Here are the data with version 2017, which in my
opinion works hard-free, but without the improvements in recent versions.

# TAPR TICC Timestamping Counter

# Copyright 2017 N8UR, K9TRG, NH6Z, WA8YWQ

#####################
# TICC Configuration:
# Measurement Mode: TimeLab 3-channel
Debug

# EEPROM Version: 7, Board Version: D

# Software Version: 20170108.1

# Board Serial Number: 1FBD4D12

# Clock Speed: 10000000

# Coarse tick (ps): 100000000

# Cal Periods: 20

# SyncMode: M

# Timeout: 0x04

# Time Dilation: 2500 (chA), 2500 (chB)

# FIXED_TIME2: 1283 (chA), 1256 (chB)

# FUDGE0: 0 (chA), 360 (chB)

#####################

# Type any character for config menu

# ............................

# timestamp chA, chB; interval chA->B (seconds)

1.533148076819 chA

1.533148080106 chB

2.000000003286 chC (B-A)

2.533148076981 chA

2.533148080163 chB

3.000000003181 chC (B-A)

3.533148077646 chA

3.533148080380 chB

4.000000002733 chC (B-A)

4.533148078019 chA

4.533148080491 chB

5.000000002471 chC (B-A)

5.533148077533 chA

5.533148080328 chB

6.000000002794 chC (B-A)

6.533148077378 chA

6.533148080264 chB

7.000000002885 chC (B-A)

7.533148077413 chA

7.533148080327 chB

8.000000002913 chC (B-A)

8.533148077962 chA

8.533148080590 chB

9.000000002627 chC (B-A)

Did other time-nuts have found this problem and possibly a solution?
It would be great if John would process the problem again.
Many Thanks

Best regards,
Christoph