[time-nuts] Re: PCTEL Timing Antenna with integrated GPS Receiver?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun May 9 01:31:37 UTC 2021

> Has anyone ever used one of these before? Any familiarity?

That depends on what you mean by "one of these".  Do you mean the particular
model or the general idea of moving the receiver up next to the antenna which
trades coax running at 1.4 GHz to twisted pairs running at 10-50 kilobits/sec
which are much easier to make work at typical distances.

I have no knowledge of that particular unit.

HP made/rebranded a similar design.

My first GPS unit was that sort of design.  That was roughly 20 years ago.  It
was a re-purposed marine unit.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.