[time-nuts] Re: PCTEL Timing Antenna with integrated GPS Receiver?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun May 9 08:33:38 UTC 2021

--------
Mike Ingle writes:

> Hi, in reading between the lines, are you saying that in practice, the
> tempco of twisted pair is worse than the tempco of coax?

I seriously doubt it.  The change in coppers conductivity will not make
that kind of difference in propagation time until the cables are measured
in kilometers.

I suspect the tempco comes from the RS-422 linedriver chip in the antenna
or possibly from ceramic capacitors used to control its slew-rate.