[time-nuts] Re: PCTEL Timing Antenna with integrated GPS Receiver?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun May 9 14:48:49 UTC 2021

Back to the problem for a minute.
I have used some pctel antennas and they have been very good over the
years. (Very good = works). The model number at least gives you a hint if
RS 422 or 232. But if you can't find any further detail you are stuck with
one option.
Open it up and look. Most of these antennas can be opened and then
re-assembled. The hardest part is ensuring a good seal.
With respect to what's inside it should be reasonably apparent. Ground,
Power to some linear regulator, maybe a RS422 chip or 232 driver. Expected
leads for 422 nema and 1 pps so that would be 4 pins right there.
So you would be able to get the unit going if your willing to dig in. Pun
intended.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL