[time-nuts] Re: Can ADEV of a frequency source be correctly determined using a continuous time-stamping frequency counter?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Nov 10 00:53:55 UTC 2021

Let me just mention that when I worked at the HP Santa Clara
Division counters section, they came out with a "feature"
that they called "continuous count".  However, it was limited
to something like 3 MHz.  So a 100 MHz counter would only
continuously count signals below 3 MHz.

So you need to verify for what bandwidth your specific counter
model is truly doing continuous count.

Rick N6RK