[time-nuts] Re: HP/Symmetricom 59551A showing wrong date

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Thu Nov 11 12:06:31 UTC 2021

Claude -

Let’s start with the HP/Symmetricom 58503A/59551A manual (leapsecond.com)
http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp59551a/097-59551-02-iss-1.pdf

Use an appropriate Serial Cable for the SatStat program to access the 59551A.
The HP/Symmetricom 59551A uses SCPI commands for configuration.
==
Earlier instructions existed here on Time-Nuts for setting the current time to the receiver, BEFORE accessing GPS satellite data.  This worked for my HP/Symmetricom Reference.
==
Access your HP/Symmetricom 59551A with SatStat,
while it is disconnected from the GPS antenna (before Satellite Acquisition).
You should be able to set your location coordinates, current date and time in NVRAM.
Shown in the Manual, Chapter 5 (CommandReference), page 5-7
“Facilitating Initial Tracking”
==
greg, w9gb

===