[time-nuts] Oncore UT+ Bad Almanac

k1jos at att.net k1jos at att.net
Sat Nov 13 16:28:57 UTC 2021

I have a two Oncore UT+ v2.2 (NOS) and prepping for a project I checked them
out using SynTAc software.  They both show "Bad Almanac" even after I
updated my Long/Lat/Alt.   These Oncore's do not have battery backup.   I
read the manual and it seems the software will show zero satellites visible
or tracked until the almanac updates.  I assume they must be working as the
UTC "Time from GPS" appeared within a minute or two and the time is correct
(though date is Jan 01, 1998).   I know the antenna is good as I'm running
it from a HP58516A amp/splitter that my TBolt is powering.

After an hour I opted to start a survey.   Is there a faster way to enter
the correct almanac manually?  I kno

Jerry