[time-nuts] Re: HP 3561a Service Manual

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Nov 13 16:46:01 UTC 2021

I was working for HP in 1983 at the division that produced the 3561.
In those days everyone had "terminals" that were used to remotely
log in to shared computers.  These terminals had a bunch of PC
cards with gold plated edge-card connectors.  It was SOP that
one's terminal would stop working periodically, and the fix was
to simply unplug all the boards and then reseat them.  This
almost always worked.

If you got nearly 40 years out of your connectors without a
problem, you did well.  I too have a vintage 3561 that still
works fine.

Rick N6RK