[time-nuts] Re: GPS Elevation Mask Values.

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:33:43 UTC 2021

In fact, I believe that the satellite positions shown on screen plots are
those
calculated from almanac data.  My reasoning is that most GPS receivers
seem able to put up such plots first thing after turn-on, before ephemeris
data from even a single satellite is available.

IMO, if the almanac positions differ from ephemeris positions enough to
be resolvable on such plots, either the whole GPS system is in deep trouble,
or the receiver in question has not been turned on for a very long time.

Dana