[time-nuts] Re: GPS Elevation Mask Values.

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Tue Nov 16 02:23:50 UTC 2021

Hi,

The adafruit board had a run with the LTE-LITE and Ublox. Adafruit board
shows no birds above the north pole. Same as does the LTE-LITE on this
run. Again, the Ublox shows them up there according to LH. (At least
everything is consistent!) (The curious of you can view the attached plots)

Currently running some logs of raw data from all three GPS modules.
We'll give the logs 24 hours and run them through U-Center tomorrow.

As for right now, eliminating the antenna and mounting location are the
most important part. It's getting to be winter here, and snow makes
getting to the antenna difficult/dangerous.

Dana,

I would be highly surprised if anyone were spoofing GPS here. We're
pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Besides, why only Ublox modules
giving the fits on LH?

Keelan,

Thus the confusion as to why there's birds above the north pole. This
has happened on two PC's with Two different models of Ublox Modules. Two
other brand modules seem OK on LH.

Certainly odd.

Thanks,
Dan