[time-nuts] Re: FS740 Thoughts?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Nov 18 14:13:33 UTC 2021

Hi

The 5 Hz (or whatever) switching and the hump definitely both
originate in the same “feature” of the design. Does disabling the
switching nuke the hump? If one has a PRS-10 I’d say it’s well
worth trying.

The “filter” in the PRS-10 is not really set up for a GPS sort of
signal. It’s designed to handle a nice clean lab generated 1 pps.
It’s there to lock the device up as part of a calibration routine.
The 1 pps sync setups on other Rb’s are designed with the same
target in mind.

Bob