[time-nuts] HP 5065A, no 2nd harmonic.

Jared Cabot jaredcabot at protonmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:47:37 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I have a 5065A Rubidium Standard that was working ok, but has lost the 2nd harmonic.
My voltages are all ok, the physics package hasn't overheated and I have replaced the usual resistors on the lamp assembly (and it was running fine afterward for a while), the lamp illuminates, and I've done the procedure to remove cell flooding.
All readings on the 'circuit check' switch are nominal, apart from the 2nd harmonic position. No matter what I do, I can no longer get it to raise above 0.
However, when I first turn the unit on, the needle drops to 0 and flicks a little before settling on 0 and staying there.

Can someone help me get this unit up and running again?

Thanks!
Jared