[time-nuts] Re: PN9000 software?

Norman Reitz norman_reitz at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 21 15:55:52 UTC 2021

Hi Jim,
did you buy the one from bmi-surplus? I was thinking about it for a long time. But the missing Software Problem ... I was too lazy until noch to contact  the manufactor. Maybe you could purchase a licence there. Its a nice solution, if you can make it work.
All the best
Norman
Gesendet von Yahoo Mail auf Android

  Am So., Nov. 21, 2021 at 15:49 schrieb AC0XU (Jim)<James.Schatzman at ac0xu.com>:   I recently purchased an Aeroflex PN9000 system with the correct modules for doing phase noise measurements. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to get the software for this system. The only digital interface is GPIB.

I believe that from the factory the system came with a Dell workstation with a GPIB card and an A2D card. I haven't seen any of these workstations or the software for sale. I have other GPIB and A2D cards, but no software.

If I can't get the software, then reverse-engineering the system seems possible theoretically but could be difficult, especially since there does not appear to be a service manual or any kind of GPIB ICD for the system.

Advice?

Thanks- Jim