[time-nuts] Re: NTP servers

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 03:15:30 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am running a very interesting public server, for about 15 years.

i386, 32-bit, Linux, on very old hardware with a serial port.  Has a GPS
(single constellation) device plugged in, about $35.

I run gpsd (https://gpsd.io) , and it talks to the NTP servers over SHM,
with PPS.

When the NTPsec project started, I shifted over, and run git HEAD.

I also run debian/testing ; so bleeding edge all the way :-)

The server is very stable, I have been in the NTP pool since 2003 or so.

With a Linux machine, I would estimate your total time, from plugging in
your gpsd mouse to going live to be about 30 minutes, including testing the
device, installing and testing gpsd, and installing and configuring
ntpsec.  This is from upstream packages, if you are compiling from git, add
15 minutes.

My GPS graphs is at https://ntpmon.dcs1.biz/ , and NTPsec logs are
available at https://ntpmon.dcs1.biz/ntp/

--