[time-nuts] Re: function generator

Jeremy Elson jelson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:14:05 UTC 2021

Andy,

I was thinking in the same direction - the device can create arbitrary
waveforms so they're almost certainly using DDS. So I assumed it was some
sort of round-off error. I just can't quite convince myself of this because
it seems like round-off errors would be bigger, i.e. an error of one part
in 1E11 suggests a buffer of length 1E11 which seems unlikely.