[time-nuts] Re: function generator

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:25:04 UTC 2021

But you don't need a DDS route to get 1 PPS from any frequency that is an
exact multiple of 1Hz.
I clock a PIC with 10MHz from a master reference.  An interrupt is
generated at an exact submultiple of this, and additional code outputs a
pulse every 250000 clocks (clock freq = Fosc / 4)

Or from 10MHz, four 74AC390 CMOS counters will do it

Or am I missing some fundamental issue here?

Andy
www.g4jnt.com