[time-nuts] Re: Symmetricom XLi question

va2hdd at ebox.net va2hdd at ebox.net
Thu Nov 25 22:45:09 UTC 2021

Hi Martin.

In my XLi the GPS is in option bay 1.

As far as I know you can put it in any free option bay, you will
configure it in software at start up.

In my case I had to replace the GPS receiver that was on the 87-8028-2
option card, there was a week 1024 rollover bug issue on it.

Personally I would take the time to test it with an antenna, as the late
production units have a more recent GPS receiver card that has no
rollover bug.

In my case I used the Jackson Labs replacement board, and I warmly
recommend it, it works flawlessly.

Have fun with your XLi !

Claude VA2 HDD