[time-nuts] Re: QM10 Quartz chronometer

David G. McGaw david.g.mcgaw at dartmouth.edu
Fri Nov 26 16:46:06 UTC 2021

But not in a chronometer.  They usually use something in the MHz range.

32kHz crystals are not very stable over temperature.  Watches rely on
you wearing it for much of the day, keeping it at a nearly constant
temperature and putting it on your bed stand at night, also presumably
fairly constant.  Unfortunately they have been adopted for computer Real
Time Clocks, which is why most computers do not keep very good time.

David N1HAC