[time-nuts] crystal types

Eric Scace eric at scace.org
Tue Nov 30 15:28:38 UTC 2021

   Folks working at KPH, RCA’s coastal marine radio station at Pt Reyes, California, asked the following question recently:
It has been noticed that on (RCA) Radiomarine Corporation of America radio crystals that they have a type on the case. Some of the types noted are R1, R2, R5, RC-2A and crystal types for Aviation service start with AV. If anyone has reference material or hard evidence of what these types signify, please pass this forward so we can all know!

   Recalling that some discussions have occurred in the past on crystals, I wonder if anyone in our Time Nuts community can shed light on this “type” identification.

   Thanks.

— Eric