[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A - Dead GPS Receiver - Oncore VP

CFO tnut1 at sv16.org
Sun Oct 10 19:08:45 UTC 2021

On 10/10/2021 13.04, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:

> Am 08.10.21 um 15:26 schrieb CFO:
>> My Z3810 had begun to show Alarm on the GPS receiver.
>> On Coldstart it seems like it lives for 10min or so , and the enters
>> alarm state.
>> I'm quite sure it's the GPS receiver that has gone to "heaven" ,
>> never got that "Coldstart" every 6 months incorporated in my routines
>>
> A span of 10 minutes from cold   points more towards the oven. Maybe
> it stays too far away
>
> from the exact frequency so that a lock is impossible.
>
> There would be no reason to complain as long as the oven is cold.

Gerhard

I had the unit running (it was in error state)  , and powered it off for
a minute , then on.
Then it locked (i saw sats) , and went into error again after approx 10
min , now i didn't see any sats.

I tried that 3..4 times , with the same result.

Will dig it out of storage, and try some more

CFO