[time-nuts] crystal type codes

Eric Scace eric at scace.org
Thu Oct 28 14:13:44 UTC 2021

Hi all —

   The Marine Radio Historical Society <https://www.radiomarine.org/> out on Pt Reyes CA maintains (with the US Park Service) the KPH coastal station (originally Marconi, then RCA) as a working museum. (I highly recommend a visit if you’re anywhere nearby during your travels.)

   Today one of the volunteers put out this request for information on crystal types:
It has been noticed that on (RCA) Radiomarine Corporation of America radio crystals that they have a type on the case. Some of the types noted are R1, R2, R5, RC-2A and crystal types for Aviation service start with AV. If anyone has reference material or hard evidence of what these types signify, please pass this forward so we can all know!

   If you can help, please let me know.

— Eric