[time-nuts] Re: time-nuts Digest, Vol 210, Issue 19

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:49:11 UTC 2021

On 29/10/2021 08:30, time-nuts-request at lists.febo.com wrote:
> Hi all —
>
>     The Marine Radio Historical Society<https://www.radiomarine.org/>  out on Pt Reyes CA maintains (with the US Park Service) the KPH coastal station (originally Marconi, then RCA) as a working museum. (I highly recommend a visit if you’re anywhere nearby during your travels.)

I was out there on the national sea shore back in 91/92.

I don't think the radio site was open to the public at that time, as it
was still a working site up to '97.  But the whole area is just superb.

Sadly according to :-
https://www.nps.gov/pore/planyourvisit/kph_treetunnel.htm

As of October the 16th this year, it's closed until further notice. :-(

(I imagine a Covid prevention measure.)

    Tour the Historic KPH Receiving Station

*Cancelled until further notice.*

Most Saturdays throughout the year, Maritime Radio Historical Society
<http://www.radiomarine.org/> (MRHS) members welcome visitors and
provide guided tours of the Historic KPH Receiving Station from noon to
5 pm.

73  Dave G8KBV

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: