[time-nuts] Re: in-ground clock room

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 06:04:43 UTC 2021

On 09/09/2021 03:36, Bill Beam wrote:
> Tom,
>
> How long do you expect your proposed voult to go undisturbed?
> I have several pendulum clocks.  They are disturbed every couple of months
> by earth quakes.  By disturbed, I mean pendulum banging against the case walls....
> Any ground motion that can be felt will upset the clocks.  Often the clocks will
> signal an earth quake that is not felt.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bill Beam
> NL7F

Bill,

It sounds as if you live in an area where monitoring of earthquakes would be of
interest!  If you haven't got something already, you might like to look at the
Raspberry Shake:

   https://raspberryshake.org/

The devices are not at the professional seismograph level.  They operate a
world-wide network.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu