[time-nuts] Re: Some assistance with Ball-Efratom FRK-L Rb Osc. Needed

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 02:51:32 UTC 2021

As Bob says you can use an internal or external supply and 10K pot to
ground or leave open.
With respect to the internal regulator. I think there are two things at
startup: the voltage is higher and drops after ignition. So go with the 24V
supply about 2 amps should work and to some extent that will drop some
generated heat. But most RBs simply have to run hot due to the ovens in
them. Add a good heatsink. Suspect the manual says that.
Good luck Walter.
Paul
WB8TSL