[time-nuts] Re: OCXO Datasheet search

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Sep 26 17:04:25 UTC 2021

Hi

Ok, there are a bunch of typos there ...

> On Sep 25, 2021, at 10:59 PM, Jim Flanagan <jrf100 at frontier.com> wrote:
>
> Hi -
> I posted a request a number of years ago and wanted to make another attempt to track down some specification data on a NOS 10 MHz OCXO that I have in my possession.  It had a NSN # of _5955-00-165-1665_ and was produced by several mfrs back in the mid to late '70's :
>
> 1630-2R         Adatum  (Austron)

Austron became part of Datum and Datum ultimately became part of Microchop

> 30294613      Adatum (Austron)
> YHS22-44      Crown Pump Co.

I very much doubt a pump outfit actually made OCXO’s

> YHS22-44      Greenway Industries

Should be Greenray, which then became part of NDK(?)

> 247ASC0393-001 Naval Air Systems Command
>
> If anyone has any data that they would be willing to share, it would be appreciated.  I actually posted this request several years ago and thought I would give it another try.

A lot of this stuff shows up on various sites on the internet. It’s all a
bit suspect, just as the often found description of “oscillator non-crystal
controlled” is a bit suspect.

Given the state of the art / OEM market back in the mid 70’s and Greenray
as a supplier, it’s a pretty good bet the specs are pretty loose compared to
a “modern” $4 Chinese eBay part …. Some stuff has come a long way in
50 years ...

Bob