[time-nuts] Re: OCXO Datasheet search

DM dgminala at mediacombb.net
Sun Sep 26 22:28:28 UTC 2021

Jim,
That oscillator was a component in the old AN/USM-247V Versatile Avionics Shop Test (VAST) automatic test system for Naval avionics systems. Many years ago, I was a civil servant at the Naval Aviation Depot in Jacksonville, FL. While there, I was one of a team of technicians that maintained and calibrated the VAST system. Before that, I was a software engineer that wrote and maintained the Test Program Sets (TPS) that tested and diagnosed component failures in the systems and circuit boards that ran in many of the Navy's combat aircraft.

At one time, I had access to much of the original engineering specs on the system, including most of the components in the VAST equipment. Alas, that was in the latter years of the 20th century. The VAST system has long been decommissioned and scrapped. Most likely all of that data has been scrapped along with it. Those oscillators were nothing exceptional, as I remember; probably in the neighborhood of parts in 10e-9 for aging and temperature stability. They were 1970s technology, since the VAST system was developed in those years.
If you have any contacts in the Navy or possibly someone in an engineering support activity, they might be able to do some research for you.
Sorry I can't help more, but I've been retired from that activity for nearly 20 years, and all of my contacts where I worked are now gone as well.

Dave M