[time-nuts] Re: disciplning natural phenomena +1/f of transistors

ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Fri Apr 1 16:30:38 UTC 2022

Am 2022-04-01 15:09, schrieb Lux, Jim:
> As I re-read Fleming's "You Only Live Twice" last night, which
> features a geyser that is "regulated" by a valve of some sort I was
> intrigued by this idea:
>
> Can one discipline a geyser to an external source?

The original Geysir in Island has become lazy. It takes an
earthquake to trigger it.

It's smaller neighbor, the Strokkur, can be triggered by throwing in
some soft soap, but that is forbidden now. Running free, it happens
every 6 minutes or so. Sorry, I did not measure adev etc.

<
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137684711@N07/40044445253/in/album-72157688304045365/

cheers, Gerhard

ps.  does anybody here have 1/f data of "interesting" transistors?
(not much hope)