[time-nuts] Re: Low Phase Noise70 10 MHz bench signal source sought

ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Sat Apr 2 10:09:20 UTC 2022

Am 2022-04-02 10:54, schrieb David C. Partridge:
> If they are all in the same enclosure and powered from the same supply
> how are you going to prevent injection locking?
>
> Or do you want them to injection lock?

I have 2 MV89 references in the 19" box that houses my Timepod and a
huge switchable delay line made from lots of Semi-Rigid cable + 6
1:6 SMA relays.

The MV-89A use the same support board and 10-turn-pot tuning.
I did not observe any injection locking. They have individual
regulators, too.

Same for 2 MTI-260, but they have also ALU Hammond boxes of their own.

And all 16 oscillators would have their own PLL to keep them
phase-synced
to their Lucent master in the long run. Needed for the power combiners.

Rohde has somewhere the complete math of n injection locked oscillators.
I decided not to work through it unless someone pays me for it. It
probably
falls apart when one has to specify the mutual coupling in hard numbers.

Gerhard